This is a Friday #fingerfood post (sort of).
Okay, I know salad technically isn’t a finger food unless you are a cave man. I’m adding it to my finger food collection, however, because it goes so well with a table laden with an assortment of appetizers.
The key to this recipe is the combination of the spicy chorizo and sherry vinegar, an idea I picked up from Jamie Oliver.
My Recipe (made for two)
3 chorizo sausages
enough tomatoes (your choice of type) for two – I used 3 field tomatoes
2 green onions
1 small handful of small basil leaves
1-2 garlic cloves
a salad dressing made of 2 tblsp. olive oil and 3 tblsp sherry vinegar (or to taste)
salt and pepper
- slice and fry the chorizo in oil until nicely browned and crispy
- slice and fry the garlic in the left-over oil until fragrant
- cut the tomatoes bite-size, add basil and green onion
- add the dressing, salt and pepper to taste
- add the chorizo and garlic and mix.
The salad turned out better than I expected. It was amazing. I’m hooked on sherry vinegar.
Enjoy your weekend.