My Top Ten Memories:
10. Collecting Prairie town names: Big Beaver, Big Muddy, Climax…
9. Visiting Skobey Montana, eating the best, roadside-burger I’ve ever eaten at The Burger Shack and seeing antelopes on the way home.
8.Jack Rabbits, Prairie Dogs and BIG coyotes.
7. Fields of blue crops stretching as far as I could see, rippling in the breeze like waves on the ocean. Flax. Breathtaking, and far too grand to be captured with a cell-phone camera, or any camera for that matter. The kind of experience you soak in with your heart and soul.
6. Fields of yellow stretching as far as I could see, rippling in the wind. Canola.
5. Lightning sparking through the night sky and thunder pounding as the tail of a tornado passed by.
4. Meeting writers from the Saskatchewan Romance Writers Group in Regina.
3, Getting to shoot a hand-gun for the first time.
2. The friendliness of people we met.
The best thing about coming home:
The smell of cedars on the salty breeze blowing in off the Pacific.
Yes, PJ and I managed to have a few adventures along the way. We always do when we travel. I’ll write about them in another post.